Deep Learning Engineer
Role: Deep Learning Engineer
Working Fully remote
Salary: c£55, 000
Are you interested in engineering state-of-the-art AI technology built on world-leading research and solving challenging technical problems that will have a genuine social good? Are you ready to join a small and experienced team of innovators and make a significant contribution to our success?
Signapse is an exciting and fast-growing funded start-up that is using deep learning to build automatic sign language translation. Our technology is grounded in world-leading computer vision research developed at the University of Surrey with a focus on GAN-based video generation. Our AI product is soon to be trialled with a number of major global brands within a set of technically challenging use cases that will bring life-enhancing benefits to sign language users.
Signapse is growing its team of experts, and is now recruiting for an experienced Deep Learning engineer. We offer competitive equity packages and a fully remote working environment, within a friendly and collaborative team culture, mixed with a drive for excellence and a passion to grow and succeed.
• Masters in machine learning, computer vision, or similar
• High level of ability to write high-quality, maintainable and modular code in Python
• Demonstrable proficiency with the Pytorch framework
• Previous work within vision-based deep learning, ideally with a mix of academic and industrial experiences.
• PhD in machine learning, computer vision or similar
• First author publications in high impact Computer Vision conferences (CVPR, ECCV, ICCV)
• Experience of GAN-based video generation or pose-estimation models
• Experience in software test methodologies.
• Identify and implement methods to improve sign language based pose estimation
• Enhance and optimise core GAN video generation codebase for our synthetic signer technology
• Build an automatic video generation evaluation pipeline
• Identify and implement methods to improve temporal smoothing and provide estimation recovery approaches Benefits
• 24 days’ holiday plus bank holidays, company pension scheme
• Coopetitive compensation and high-value equity packages
• Opportunity to work on cutting edge technologies and be involved at the early stages of a high growth business
• Free sign language classes. Hours This is a full-time position, with normal virtual office hours of 9 am to 6 pm, although flexibility is offered to suit reasonable personal circumstances. What matters most to us is strong collaboration, meeting agreed milestones, and the delivery of high-quality work. P
lease note you must have the right to work and live full-time in the UK when you apply for this position.
Equality and Diversity Signapse is committed to eliminating discrimination and encouraging diversity in our team. O
ur aim is that our team will be truly representative of all sections of society and each employee feels respected and able to give their best. We’ve created a culture of encouragement and support to enable our employees to focus on what they truly want to achieve for successful career development.
Our work-life policies and flexible working practices make our employees feel more in control of their personal and working life. Any applicants who are native sign language users are guaranteed an interview.
As part of our recruitment process, the Company collects and processes personal information, or personal data, relating to job applicants. We are committed to protecting the privacy and security of your personal information and to meeting our data protection obligations under the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) and the Data Protection Act 2018. By applying for a position with us you are giving your consent for us to do so.
If interested please contact Sally Chalk here: firstname.lastname@example.org