HERBERT SERVICE LIMITED
JOB TITLE Field Service Engineer
(Ipswich, Staffordshire, Swindon, Cornwall, Cardiff/Newport and Croydon areas)
RESPONSIBLE TO Area Manager
AIM OF JOB To carry out repair, maintenance and installation of all equipment serviced by the Company, both now an in the future
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- To repair, service and install all equipment to a high standard in accordance with the
- Company and ISO9001 procedures.
- To establish and maintain good customer relationships
- To complete all call closure and necessary paperwork accurately and in a timely manner.
- To ensure that all Company & Customer Health and Safety legislation and regulations are actively adhered to at all times.
- To maintain your verification status and comply with all legal requirements.
- To maintain excellent stock control and adequate levels of stock under your control, within specified cost guidelines, in order achieve the required First Time Fix.
- To maintain contact with the Service Desk in accordance with the needs of the operation and have an understanding of the need to achieve customer & service level agreements (SLA’s).
- To maintain & improve technical training and product expertise in order that an effective & efficiency service can be maximised at all times.
- Any other reasonable request as determined by the Operations staff
- To keep all Company equipment secure and in good condition.
- To keep company vehicle regularly serviced and in clean condition.
- To keep a clean, tidy and presentable personal appearance at all times, especially on customer premises.
- Lone working on Customer premises.
- Manual Handling of tools, equipment & calibration/verification weights required.
- Extensive driving between customer sites.
|Knowledge, Skills & Experience
|Ability to use hand tools such as soldering irons, hand crimpers, screwdrivers, pliers etc.
Competence in dextrous hand assembly processes
Able to stand for long periods of time
Able to lift / move products safely
Ability to read, interpret and follow written instructions/work instructions
Proficient in relevant computer applications
Experience working within a Electro/mechanical
Competent in the use of multi meter for electrical testing
Security vetting / clearance
Good administration skills
Full UK driving licence
|Experience of working within ISO framework
Familiarity with PCs
Working within a Field Service environment.
Good / excellent verbal & written communication skills.
|Team Player Reliable Proactive
Approachable Friendly Helpful
|Verbal and written communication skills
Problem solving / analysis
Customer Service orientation
|Initiative Attention to detail
Adaptability Organisational skills