HERBERT RETAIL LIMITED JOB DESCRIPTION
JOB TITLE: Purchasing Assistant
RESPONSIBLE TO: Head of Procurement
AIM OF JOB: To buy and expedite materials and services. To administer day to day running of the vehicle fleet, and mobile communications.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• To administer the day to day running of the Company Car Fleet, To process documentation associated with acquisition of new vehicles and disposal of old. Monitoring and authorising repairs and vehicle hiring.
• To administer the Company car insurance scheme and provide monthly control report relating to claims. Setting up post accident reviews and taking appropriate actions.
• Processing and reporting on traffic infringements and fines.
• Preparation and summary of reports including vehicle fleet, and purchases for Purchasing Manager and other Operational Managers. To comment on exceptions, analysis of trends and liaison with appropriate Operational Manager.
• To coordinate the day to day issues associated with the Company mobile phones and data devices.
• Preparation and summary of reports including, but not limited to, mobile phone costs, and purchases for Purchasing Manager and other Operational Managers. To comment on exceptions, analysis of trends and liaison with appropriate Operational Manager
• To buy materials and services, as per authorised Purchase Requisitions, Production Meeting actions, and as requested by the Purchasing Manager and Materials Manager. Negotiate pricing down wherever possible.
• To maintain the integrity of the Purchase Order Book, and expedite delivery of items as required for operational requirements.
• Buy parts according to max/min levels for Marrakesh, gain an understanding of MRP processes, and Factored Stock.
• To operate the Reject System, to ensure that material movements are tracked both with suppliers and on-site, corrective actions are taken by suppliers, supplier performance is recorded and reported on to suppliers. Report to the Purchasing Manager and the QA Manager where deemed necessary.
• Maintaining the Approved Supplier File. Carrying out regular due diligence updates on suppliers and subcontractors, including up to date insurance cover. Report issues to Purchasing Manager.
• To produce monthly environmental statistics for the Purchasing Manager, in line with Company Environmental Policy.
• To produce appropriate documentation, and arrange shipping for exports.
• To produce weekly Cashflow Forecast for stock items
• To assist Purchasing Manager in disposal of redundant stock, by coordinating Sales through E-Bay and disposal companies.
• Making Hotel and Travel arrangements as requested by Operational Managers.
• Investigate invoice queries with suppliers and Herbert Managers. Obtain credits from suppliers or correct Purchase orders where necessary. Liaise with Purchase Ledger.
OTHER DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Ensure that BSI requirements are met in order that the Company accreditation is not threatened
Ensure that all requirements under Health & Safety legislation are actively adhered to.
Any other reasonable request by the Purchasing Manager
Number of pool vehicles not to exceed 4 at each month end.
Value of stock in Reject stock locations to be less than £5000 at each month end.
Every item of mobile comms hardware must be allocated to correct user at all times.
Appropriate Environmental Stats report to be available to Purchasing Manager by 10th of each month for preceding month’s activity.
Purchase Order Book to only show valid current orders
Appropriate cash received for redundant stock sales to exceed £10K per annum.